Snap launches dynamic new travel ads to support the reopening of the tourism industry
Snap Inc. announces a new advertising product, Dynamic Travel Ads, which allows travel brands to seamlessly create a variety of ads based on their product offerings. Snapchat will then show the most relevant ads to interested Snapchatters, who as a group are 37% more likely to book a trip after seeing an ad.
It’s a significant category extension for Snap’s Dynamic Ads offering and is particularly well positioned for travel and tourism advertisers, including hotels, airlines and online travel agencies. Dynamic Travel Ads will allow marketers to seamlessly create a variety of ads based on their catalog, and Snap’s system will serve the most relevant ads to interested Snapchat users.
Travel brands like Booking.com and Etihad are turning to Snapchat to reach the precious Snapchat generation (Gen Z + millennials), who are actually more likely to travel than consumers on other platforms, according to GlobalWebIndex.
To help, Snap Inc. is announcing a new advertising product, Dynamic Travel Ads, which allows travel brands to seamlessly create a variety of ads based on their product offerings. Snapchat will then show the most relevant ads to interested Snapchatters, who as a group are 37% more likely to book a trip after seeing an ad.
Dynamic Travel Ads offer three unique benefits to advertisers:
- Advanced audience targeting based on a Snapchatter’s travel intent and supported by local relevance
- Delivering locally relevant campaigns to serve hotels, airlines, destinations and tours based on popularity, leveraging Snapchat’s rich visitation data
- Custom catalog configuration designed to meet the needs of travel advertisers, with relevant product feed attributes specific to these businesses
For travel and tourism partners, the Snapchat audience is very valuable because they are eager and excited to travel again:
- 76% of Snapchatters in the United States are considering or have already resumed their pre-pandemic behaviors.
- A GlobalWebIndex study shows that Snapchatters in the US are more likely to travel than users on other platforms.
- Research has shown that those Snapchatters in the US are 37% more likely to book a trip after seeing an ad.
Since launching in beta last year, Snap has seen strong adoption and performance from its early testing partners:
- Etihad used Dynamic Travel Ads to drive a 307% increase in ROAS with a 76% decrease in cost per purchase compared to its non-dynamic campaigns. And overall, Dynamic Travel Ads reduced Etihad’s cost per flight search by 4x.
- Booking.com used Dynamic Travel Ads to pull images directly from its product catalog and deliver locally relevant ads based on previously viewed products. The campaign resulted in a 20% lower cost per purchase compared to other US advertisers.
Phil Dodwell, Marketing Media Manager at Etihad, said of the launch of Dynamic Travel Ads: “With travel demand continuing to recover strongly in the first quarter of 2022, we were of course keen to capitalize by converting existing customers and, above all, by acquiring new ones. However, the air transport market remains highly competitive, so ensuring relevance is essential. By using Snapchat Dynamic Ads, we were able to optimize relevance by associating customers with specific destinations, dramatically improving performance metrics throughout the booking process. The prospecting solution in particular is currently the best in class catalog solution for dynamic social media travel ads and we are extremely happy with the results we have been able to achieve. We look forward to building on this approach in the second quarter and beyond. »
Amber Sayer, Head of Travel, EMEA at Snap Inc., added, “The launch of Dynamic Travel Ads reinforces our goal of maximizing reach and driving conversions for hotels, airlines, travel advertisers and tourism on Snap. We know our audience is made up of avid and passionate travelers who are highly engaged with travel brands through our platform. As the summer vacation season approaches, we look forward to working with our travel partners on this exciting new launch.